shreyasrao95

I am a Texas resident and I currently owe taxes to IRS. Would my tax due date be Apr15 or June15? TT shows I need to pay taxes before Apr15, how to change it?

ErnieS0

Your due date is June 15. Victims of winter storms that began February 11, 2021 now have until June 15, 2021, to file various individual and business tax returns and make tax payments. Taxpayers also have until June 15 to make 2020 IRA contributions.

If you haven’t filed your federal taxes with TurboTax yet, you can choose your payment date and method in Step 2 of the File section.

If you’ve already filed your federal taxes with TurboTax, we're waiting for guidance from the IRS on how you can change your payment date.

The previous practice was to call the IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 to inquire about or cancel your payment

Click on How do I change my IRS payment date?

Related Resources:

**Click on the thumb icon for cheers
**"Mark as Best Answer" if the post answers your question

shreyasrao95

Thank you for your reply.

The problem is that in turbo tax file section says that the tax due will have to be withdrawn from bank account before April 15th.

LindseyLO

More guidance and explanation on this issue has been provided by clicking here.