I am a student, I was on an F1 visa. Recently (a f...

milad

I am a student, I was on an F1 visa. Recently (a few weeks ago) I received my green card. Should I use 1040NR or 1040R to file my 2019 taxes?

SusanY1

Since it sounds like you received your green card in 2020, you should file your 2019 taxes on Form 1040NR.  We recommend this service for that form: SprinTax.com.  Welcome! 

milad

Thank you for the response. Yes, I received my green card in 2020, I tried to use Sprintax after I entered my information it says ``Based on the information you provided, you are deemed a US resident for tax purposes, which means Sprintax software isn’t suitable for you''. I am a bit confused about which service should I use.