Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!

I am a minor and my job, messed up on my tax forms and exempted me from paying taxes for 1 year. Is there a solution to this??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

You owe the taxes regardless, you didn't have any withheld so you got more money in your paycheck.     You are ultimately responsible for looking at your paycheck stub and verifying that taxes are being withheld as you instructed them to withhold.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

You just have to pay any taxes that might be due at the end of the year when you file your tax return....Youre talking about Box 2 of a W2 is zero, right?
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

There’s nothing I can do about it? Like I can’t so or anything like it’s not my fault at all.

So have you given your employer a new W4 and make sure they are taking out enough tax withholding now?

You did get a W2, not a 1099MISC, right?
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you did not file but owe taxes according to IRS calculations, the IRS will eventually  send you a notice which will include the taxes you owe, penalties for not filing, penalties for late filing and interest.  if you do not pay, the IRS will garnish your future wages to collect what is owed.  

and the IRS can do more

see this link

https://pocketsense.com/happens-dont-pay-irs-5575566.html