turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Refund was sent to a savings account I closed last year on accident, called bank and was directed to the IRS which was of no help, need send refund to correct bank.

Also moved after I filed my taxes, and no longer live at the address posted in my refund
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Refund was sent to a savings account I closed last year on accident, called bank and was directed to the IRS which was of no help, need send refund to correct bank.

CLOSED ACCOUNT

• If the info you provided is for a closed or invalid account, the government will mail you a refund check. (See below to update your address).
  • On filed returns in pending status, wait until it's either accepted or rejected before taking action. If rejected, you can update your account and any issues that caused the rejection.
  • Once the IRS has accepted your return, you can not make any changes. 

NEW ADDRESS:

• The easiest way is to call the IRS (800-829-1040), but this time of year you may spend a lot of time waiting on the phone.

See TurboTax FAQ for more information:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302459

I also moved after I filed, which is fine since they send everything to my new address. BUT, I've called USAA and the IRS, the IRS is saying they haven't gotten the return money yet, and USAA is saying that they sent the money back after it going to an invalid account. Basically USAA and the IRS are pointing fingers are each other, and neither of them are being helpful or cooperative, who do I call that will actually get things fixed?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies