turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I already had my taxes done and approved than messaged that they were taken by an offset, do i need to send any forms besides my injured spouse at this point to the irs?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JaimeG

I already had my taxes done and approved than messaged that they were taken by an offset, do i need to send any forms besides my injured spouse at this point to the irs?

Yes, since you are filing this form after having filed your taxes you must attach a copy of all Forms

• W-2 and W-2G for both spouses, and
  • any Forms 1099 showing federal income tax withholding, to Form 8379.

The processing of Form 8379 may be delayed if these forms are not attached, if the form is incomplete when filed, or if you attach a copy of your joint tax return.

Just in case you have trouble I have attached Form 8379 and instructions to this message.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JaimeG

Yes, since you are filing this form after having filed your taxes you must attach a copy of all Forms

• W-2 and W-2G for both spouses, and
  • any Forms 1099 showing federal income tax withholding, to Form 8379.

The processing of Form 8379 may be delayed if these forms are not attached, if the form is incomplete when filed, or if you attach a copy of your joint tax return.

Just in case you have trouble I have attached Form 8379 and instructions to this message.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies