I already filed my taxes before I became aware of ...

gwen-hasenauer

I already filed my taxes before I became aware of the new exclusion of unemployment income up to $10,500. How and when can I amend my return?

An amended return, Form 1040X, can only be printed and mailed to the IRS if the original tax return was not e-filed. The IRS will take up to 16 weeks or longer to process an amended tax return.

Before starting to amend the tax return, wait for the tax refund to be received or the taxes due to be paid and processed by the IRS.

See this TurboTax support FAQ on amending a tax return originally completed and filed using the 2020 TurboTax editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-return/01/27439

The IRS Form 1040-X for amending a 2020 tax return is scheduled to be available on 03/25/2021 (subject to change)

Ghas11

Thank you. However, if I e-filed, what are my options?

@Ghas11 wrote:

You can e-file the amended tax return since you e-filed the original tax return.  Just wait for the Form 1040X to become available.