Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tori_evans

I already efiled my taxes and they're currently being held. Today we received our stimulus check (of course). Any way to stop my taxes from being sent/make changes?

I completed our taxes saying we haven't received the 2nd stimulus payment. Today the check shows up in the mail. Our taxes have already been e-filed but since the IRS isn't taking returns yet any chance that we can change it?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ErnieS0
Employee Tax Expert

I already efiled my taxes and they're currently being held. Today we received our stimulus check (of course). Any way to stop my taxes from being sent/make changes?

Yes. If you’re already filed your return in TurboTax, you have until Saturday, February 6 to get your return back and fix Recovery Rebate Credit amount.

If you want to review and update your 2020 return, please enter your information here by February 6, to have your 2020 tax return sent back to you. 

You will then receive an email from TurboTax on February 8, letting you know that your return is available and providing you with detailed instructions on how to review, update and re-file your tax return.

To change your stimulus payment amounts in TurboTax:

• Click on Federal in the left-hand column
  • Click Federal Review on the top of the screen
  • On the next page titled Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click on Continue
  • Change the amount of payments you received, if you put in the wrong numbers. Click Continue.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ErnieS0
Employee Tax Expert

Yes. If you’re already filed your return in TurboTax, you have until Saturday, February 6 to get your return back and fix Recovery Rebate Credit amount.

If you want to review and update your 2020 return, please enter your information here by February 6, to have your 2020 tax return sent back to you. 

You will then receive an email from TurboTax on February 8, letting you know that your return is available and providing you with detailed instructions on how to review, update and re-file your tax return.

To change your stimulus payment amounts in TurboTax:

• Click on Federal in the left-hand column
  • Click Federal Review on the top of the screen
  • On the next page titled Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click on Continue
  • Change the amount of payments you received, if you put in the wrong numbers. Click Continue.

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.

3.49m
Members

2.62m
Discussions

Manage cookies
v