charris0012

I added a 1098T form to my tax return that has already been accepted. What do I do?

LeeM

You should first delete that Form 1098-T and then prepare an amendment when it is ready using the directions below.

Please be aware that Form 1040X will not be available to prepare in TurboTax until mid-February, but once it is available, you will be able to prepare and print your amended return so that you can mail it to the IRS. 

You can not e-file an amended return as this cannot be filed electronically.  The form is only filed on paper, so it will need to be printed and filed by mail.

Please see the following TurboTax FAQ for instructions on how to amend your tax return in TurboTax.

LeeM