turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bamavan67

I ad dollar amount entered on line 14 and 59 under 'other taxes' but can't see where I got to that figure. What are the questions asked here?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I ad dollar amount entered on line 14 and 59 under 'other taxes' but can't see where I got to that figure. What are the questions asked here?

Line 59 - Tax on qualified plans, including IRAs, and other tax-favored accounts:
If you owe tax on an IRA or other retirement plan, an MSA, or an HSA, this tax is calculated on Form 5329.

Schedule 4 - https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040s4.pdf

bamavan67

Thanks.  I knew this part...but I'm trying to see the questions asked in the Intuit software when you go through this section. It prompts along the way and I'm trying to see that trail of questions.

One place is when you entered a 1099R for Distributions.  If you are under 59 1/2 and don't have an exception there is automatically a 10% Early Withdrawal Penalty.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies