madisonmaeee22

I accidently started my 2016 tax returns. How can I reverse this mistake

I accidently started my 2016 tax returns while trying to update my account so that I could get info from my 2015 taxes. How can I reverse this mistake

ToddL

If you plan on preparing your 2016 tax return using your TurboTax Online account, you probably don't need to do anything. 

If you need or want to, you can follow the instructions and advice in Using Clear & Start Over in TurboTax Online. That will remove any erroneous entries you may have made while in your 2016 tax file.

ToddL

Did you pay for Plus to unlock your 2015 return?  If you paid you can not clear and start over.  You don't have to fill out or file 2016 now.  You just had to enter some basic info like name and address so you could pay.  You can stop 2016 and come back later and continue.