teashahudson

I accidentally used my 2018 w-2's for my taxes this year instead of my 2019 w-2's. Is there a way I can stop what's pending and put in the right w-2 information?

If you have not yet e-filed the tax return by completing all 3 Steps in the File section of the program and clicking on the large Orange buton labeled Transmit my returns now then just delete the W-2's you entered.

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

If you did e-file the return, then there is nothing you can do.  Once the return is e-filed it cannot be retrieved or canceled.  Once the IRS starts accepting 2019 tax return on January 27, 2020 you may get lucky and the tax return will be rejected.  Then you can make the correction and re-file.  If the return is Accepted you would then have to file an amended tax return to make the correction.  An amended tax return can only be printed and mailed.  It will take the IRS about 4 months to process the amended tax return.

teashahudson

Thank you for you quick response and yes you did help me very much. Again Thank You.

Camcarroll120

I accidentally used my 2019 for my 2020 this year and its still pending says it was accepted but the taxes or stimulus havent been deposited because of it

JotikaT2

You cannot stop the pending return.  And if your return was accepted, it is considered to have been filed.

You will need to file an amended return to correct the 2020 income tax return. 

How to amend my return?

Whether the stimulus being deposited or not due to this error may not be accurate at this point.  The stimulus payments were based upon the latest tax returns on file at the point in time when they were issued.  Please see the following link for more guidance on the stimulus payments.

How will the 3rd stimulus affect me