turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mohastyl

I accidentally pressed that I want to apply my refund to next year. I haven’t filed yet and I’ve tried to go back but I can’t find the option to say I don’t want to apply. How do I

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I accidentally pressed that I want to apply my refund to next year. I haven’t filed yet and I’ve tried to go back but I can’t find the option to say I don’t want to apply. How do I

To add, change or delete a current year federal tax refund to next year's taxes before you file your tax return -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Other Tax Situations
  • Under Additional Tax Payments
  • On Apply Refund to Next Year, click on the start or update button

Or enter apply federal refund to next year in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to apply federal refund to next year
The amount applied to next years taxes will be shown on Schedule 3 Line 8 and flows to Form 1040 Line 18d

kte

Thank goodness for this reply.  If you use the search, as turbo suggested, IT DOES NOT WORK!!!!  I spent 1 hour looking for this on all my forms.  It was nowhere.  INTUIT, please update your response on explain how to reach the correct form.  Your search and jump to does not work. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies