I accidentally entered some incorrect information ...

I accidentally entered some incorrect information on my federal tax return. How do i fix this?

I realized I made a mistake. I accually received $1200 on my first stimulus check. I only put in $600. How do I fix this??

If your e-file is still pending, you won't be able to make changes until the IRS either accepts or rejects your return. It is likely that the IRS will reject your return due to incorrect input of your stimulus payments. If they don't, it is possible your refund/amount due will be automatically adjusted based on the stimulus money you received in 2020. 

If your return is not rejected, you will have to amend your return. To do so, please follow the directions on the How do I amend my 2020 return?

After you click to amend your return, you can follow these steps in TurboTax to enter your correct stimulus payment:

1. With your return open, search for stimulus with the magnifying glass tool on the top of the page.
  2. Select the Jump to Stimulus in the search results to directly go to correct TurboTax page.
  3. Follow the on screen instructions and reenter the correct information. 

@cindi63