shayqueen16

How will I know if the bank sent my refund back to the Irs after direct deposit got denied ? My status still says my refund is at my bank do I call them ?

CassandraLO

It can take approximately 5-10 business days for the bank to send it back to the IRS. Once the IRS receives the rejected deposit, it can take up to 3 weeks (this can vary) to receive your check. Keep an eye on the status of your return. Where's My Refund? will update and let you know a check has been sent out.

You can contact your bank, to see if they can give you a time frame for how long it takes them to return the rejected deposit because not all banks have the same processes.

For additional information please visit https://www.irs.gov/faqs

pamela51

I don't if my bank sent my refund back to the irs!! Is there you can help me find that out

HeatherPLO

If your refund was sent back to the IRS, you can reach out to them for additional information.  To get in touch with an agent, please see the instructions below:

1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions." 

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

It should then transfer you to an agent.