turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to access a tax return to look at the information I put into turbo tax says: Home Tax Page, scroll to bottom, beneath your returns, click on add a state. Not there.

I need to access a previous return to look at what I entered. I followed instructions but the add a state option is not where help said it was. How do I access the return?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How to access a tax return to look at the information I put into turbo tax says: Home Tax Page, scroll to bottom, beneath your returns, click on add a state. Not there.

Right now, all you can do for 2019 taxes, or any earlier years, is to scroll down, select the year, and then download that year's PDF file itself, to see what's in it.   No longer is there full internal access to 2019, or earlier tax year, interviews.......2019 was all shut down right after 30/31 October of 2020 to transition to the 2020 software.

The "Add-A-State" option is only possible for whatever tax year is fully operational in the current "Online" software....and that will be 2020 after the Online shutdown ends.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Right now, all you can do for 2019 taxes, or any earlier years, is to scroll down, select the year, and then download that year's PDF file itself, to see what's in it.   No longer is there full internal access to 2019, or earlier tax year, interviews.......2019 was all shut down right after 30/31 October of 2020 to transition to the 2020 software.

The "Add-A-State" option is only possible for whatever tax year is fully operational in the current "Online" software....and that will be 2020 after the Online shutdown ends.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Sometime in early December, when the 2019 returns have finished being archived,  you will have 2 choices ... either download a PDF of the return which will include all the worksheets   OR   use the amendment process  to open the .taxfile and from  there you can review any of the data input screens you wish. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies