Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lmbolgar

How many years can i amend? received ssa back pay to the year 2012 for my daughter

how do i add this info to pass taxes?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChelseaS

How many years can i amend? received ssa back pay to the year 2012 for my daughter

The IRS will accept an amended return up to 3 years after the date you filed the original return or within 2 years after you paid the tax due on the return, whichever is later.

In unusual tax situations, such as net operating loss (NOL) carrybacks, general business credit carrybacks, or situations involving bad debts, you may be eligible for extended amendment deadlines.

However, for the most part, the deadline to amend a 2012 or earlier return has passed.

To amend a tax return for 2013 or later, please see the following FAQ article for instructions. https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ChelseaS

The IRS will accept an amended return up to 3 years after the date you filed the original return or within 2 years after you paid the tax due on the return, whichever is later.

In unusual tax situations, such as net operating loss (NOL) carrybacks, general business credit carrybacks, or situations involving bad debts, you may be eligible for extended amendment deadlines.

However, for the most part, the deadline to amend a 2012 or earlier return has passed.

To amend a tax return for 2013 or later, please see the following FAQ article for instructions. https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies