turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cesar0

How do I view my completed 2018 return on Turbo Tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

92 Replies
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You can view your return by downloading or printing. Please follow the instructions to download/print your return in TurboTax online. https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301525 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

How do I use Turbo tax to file 2018 taxes

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@wheezieandwillie  Please see the TurboTax FAQ How do I prepare a prior year tax return? for instructions on purchasing and downloading TurboTax 2018. 

Need to get a copy of my 2018 federal return

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions below to access your prior-year return.

How do I access a prior year return? - Community

cstdhanners
Returning Member

I need my AGI for 2018

goodmorning I would like to get a copy of my 2018 tax return

davlin161

How do I get a copy of my 2018 return that I filed in 2019.

@davlin161 wrote:

How do I get a copy of my 2018 return that I filed in 2019.

If your 2018 returns were prepared in Online TurboTax, log into your account and at the Tax Home scroll down and expand the section "Your Tax  Returns & Documents".  Choose tax year 2018, and then click "Download/print the PDF" or if you just need the 2018 AGI, there is a link "View adjusted gross income (AGI.)"  If you can't find your 2018 return there, then you likely have multiple accounts and signed into the wrong one.   Many people end up with multiple accounts without realizing it.   Here's how to troubleshoot for multiple accounts (User IDs) :

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of your User IDs and recover account access, you can use the tool at the link below.  When using the Account Recovery tool, try using your phone number first.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, and choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

debnatt

I need my adjusted gross income from 2018

@debnatt wrote:

I need my adjusted gross income from 2018

The 2018 AGI is on the 2018 Federal tax return you filed Form 1040 Line 7

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/how-do-i-find-last-year-s-agi/01/25947

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on View adjusted gross income (AGI)

Or go to this IRS website for free federal tax return transcripts - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

If your tax return continues to be rejected with the 2018 AGI then enter a 0 (zero) for the AGI and e-file again.

If this is also rejected then you will have to print and mail the tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for printing a tax return for mailing - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

how do I review my 2018 returns

@bigroy7232 wrote:

how do I review my 2018 returns

If your 2018 returns were prepared in Online TurboTax, log into your account and at the Tax Home scroll down and expand the section "Your Tax  Returns & Documents".  Choose tax year 2018, and then click "Download/print the PDF" or if you just need the 2018 AGI, there is a link "View adjusted gross income (AGI.)" 

If you can't find your 2018 return there, then you likely have multiple accounts and signed into the wrong one.   Many people end up with multiple accounts without realizing it.   Here's how to troubleshoot for multiple accounts (User IDs) :

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of your User IDs and recover account access, you can use the tool at the link below.  When using the Account Recovery tool, try using your phone number first.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, and choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

mebeba32
Returning Member

I need to be able to print a copy of my 2018 tax return

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies