How do I update my address and direct deposit info...

aurora5619

How do I update my address and direct deposit information?

EbonyL122824

See the link below for instructions on how to update your address with the IRS.

https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/address-changes/address-changes

You are not able to make changes to your bank account information on your tax return once it has been filed and accepted by the IRS. If your return happens to get rejected, you can update your bank account before re-submitting your return as well as update the issue that caused the rejection.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/what-if-i-entered-the-wrong-bank-account-for-direct-d...

If you haven't filed yet, you can still add your bank account info for direct deposit.​​​​​​​

Luckylady1

**deleted Picture**

Luckylady1

@Luckylady1  What in the world are you trying to do?

This is a public web site that can be seen by anyone—including scammers and would-be identity thieves who would love to contact you and pretend to be from TurboTax.  Please remove the personal information you posted here ASAP by returning to your post and clicking the three little blue dots on the upper right to edit your post.

@Luckylady1  This is a public web site that can be seen by anyone—including scammers and would-be identity thieves who would love to contact you and pretend to be from TurboTax.  Please remove the personal information you posted here ASAP by returning to your post and clicking the three little blue dots on the upper right to edit your post.

@Luckylady1  The public user forum is NOT where you update or enter your banking information --or whatever you were trying to do.  This is not customer support and it s NOT a place to enter any personal information about your bank account.  If you are trying to change information for a stimulus check:

BANKING INFORMATION

Your banking information cannot be changed after your tax return has been filed and accepted.

Banking information does not go from TT to the IRS until you file your 2020 tax return and it is accepted. The IRS will begin to accept  and process 2020 returns at the end of January 2021.

You enter/change banking information in the FILE section before you file your 2020 return. Changing it on the TurboTax site does not do any good until you file your return and the IRS processes your return.   If they manage to start sending  out stimulus checks before you can change your information, we hope the IRS provides a way for you to change it with the IRS. Right now there are no new guidelines.   If your check goes to a wrong or closed account, it will be sent back to the IRS and then the IRS will mail a check to the address on your tax return.