titidog123

How do I stop the direct debit on my 1040 return after efiling already but the due date for the direct debit has not been reached yet.

I scheduled direct debit to be on 4/15 and also paid again to the IRS to be debited on 4/15.  How do I stop the direct debit through turbo tax so I don't end up with two payments.

JulieR

If you wish to stop the scheduled direct debit for your federal tax payment, please contact IRS e-file payment services, right away, at 1-888-353-4537 for assistance in canceling the existing scheduled payment.

JulieR

titidog123

Made the call and they stopped the debit right away. Thank you
JulieR

That's great to know.  Thank you.