How do i see what is going on with my taxes been a...

starnskenny

How do i see what is going on with my taxes been a month

I used where my refund says still processing
LenaH

The IRS issues most refunds from e-filed returns in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review. You can contact the IRS at 800-829-1040.

For some taxpayers, PATH Act requirements and other identity-protection safeguards implemented by the IRS may account for longer wait times.

Other things that can delay your refund include, but are not limited to:

• Liens, back taxes, or refund offsets
  • Errors, inconsistencies, or missing information
  • Identity fraud
  • Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which can take 11-14 weeks to process

Also, if you chose direct deposit, your financial institution may need another day or two to post the refund to your account, so keep that in mind.

Seansean77

When I check the irs website it’s telling me Error and when I call the irs I can’t get a hold of anyone. So I have to put my information in and it says error can’t find.... so I can’t even call the irs to find out what’s going on. It’s been over a month now. Please help this get filed. 

LenaH

Here are a few reasons why you may be getting the following message at Where's My Refund? - We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgment e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS.

• Your e-filed return was accepted (received) by the IRS less than 24 hours ago. Wait at least 24 hours after acceptance before using WMR.
  • Your return is still pending.
  • You never e-filed. You can quickly find out if you did by checking your status.
    • If you don't see a status, go through the TurboTax File section again. Be sure to go all the way to the end and select Transmit my returns now.
  • You mailed your return less than 4 weeks ago. Paper-filers should wait 4 weeks before using WMR.
  • Call the WMR automated hotline instead: 1-800-829-1954.

And finally, you can't track your amended refund at WMR. Instead, go to Where's My Amended Return? to track. 

Tip: If you see the message You may not have entered your information correctly, select the Re-Enter button to try again. In particular, make sure you enter your exact federal refund dollar amount. You can get this number from your Form 1040, line 20.

@Seansean77