How do I retrieve my status of return after the computer shut down in the middle of filling out my tax return?

Were you still working on your return? If so, you should be able to log back into your account and resume near where you left off but it may not be exactly where you left off because of the abrupt shutdown. 

If you were filing your return at the very end, is it showing as being completed? What is the screen that you see when you log back into TurboTax?

You can check whether or not your return has been successfully efiled by following the steps in this FAQ.