paulpicard

How do I pay the my 2019 Taxes directly from my checking account? Normally there is a turbo tax option but I cannot find it.

In the File section of the online program on Step 2, when taxes are owed, you are given several options on how to pay the taxes.  One of the options is direct debit from your bank account for federal taxes owed.  For state taxes owed, most states require you to go to their website to pay by direct debit.  This information is shown to you on the page for the state taxes owed.

paulpicard

I already know this. I have been using Turbo Tax for over 10 years now, but never delayed the payment when filing until this year due to Covid. I filed on March 27th. It was received and excepted that same day, but I delayed paying, because I owe this year, until July 15th. I have gone into Turbo Tax and found no mechanism to pay now that the deadline approaches. I thought I would get a reminder and easy way to pay from the Turbo Tax website, but no reminder, email, or any information on how to direct pay from my checking account.

@paulpicard wrote:

You should have selected direct debit from your bank account with the bank information included with the e-filed tax return so the IRS can debit your account on the date you have selected.

Use the IRS payment website with Direct Pay to pay the federal taxes owed - https://www.irs.gov/payments