Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pricealetaj
Returning Member

How do i know wjen my refund has been sent

where can i check thst my bank information is correct for direct deposit
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
WillK
Intuit Alumni

You can check the status of your refund here: https://www.irs.gov/refunds

You can check to see what account information you provided on your return by following these steps:

1. Sign into your Turbo Tax account

2. Click on tax home or take me to my return

3. Scroll down till you see Your tax returns and documents

4. Click on your 2018 return, and then select add a state (you are not actually adding a state, this just prompts the correct menu)

5. Navigate to where you need to on the return- under the file tab is where you will see your account information 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
WillK
Intuit Alumni

You can check the status of your refund here: https://www.irs.gov/refunds

You can check to see what account information you provided on your return by following these steps:

1. Sign into your Turbo Tax account

2. Click on tax home or take me to my return

3. Scroll down till you see Your tax returns and documents

4. Click on your 2018 return, and then select add a state (you are not actually adding a state, this just prompts the correct menu)

5. Navigate to where you need to on the return- under the file tab is where you will see your account information 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
pricealetaj
Returning Member

I've never received the refund or any stimulus money 

@pricealetaj  Did you file tax returns for 2020 and/or 2021?   Were the returns accepted or rejected?  What does it say in your account?

Your eligibility for the stimulus money—-now available as the recovery rebate credit— will depend on your circumstances in 2020 and/or 2021.   If you could be claimed as someone else’s dependent in 2020 or 2021, you are not eligible for the recovery rebate credit now.

The first stimulus checks were issued in 2020; the first one was for $1200 for adults and $500 for qualified children dependents under the age of 17.   The IRS was in a hurry to send out those checks so they sometimes used information from your 2019 return to send out the check.  Or sometimes they sent it after you filed your 2020 return.

The second stimulus was sent in late 2020 or early 2021; that one was $600 per adult and $600 for qualified children dependents under the age of 17.

The 3rd stimulus check was $1400 for adults and $1400 for any dependent you claimed, and was sent out in 2021.

If you did not receive the first or second stimulus check, you can get it by filing a 2020 return and use the recovery rebate credit in Federal Review.   The stimulus amount will show up on line 30 of the Form 1040.

If you did not receive the 3rd stimulus check, you can get it by filing a 2021 tax return and use the recovery rebate credit in Federal Review.    The stimulus amount will show up on line 30 of the Form 1040.

Check your own bank account for deposits of the stimulus checks, and check your online account with the IRS to see what the IRS shows they sent to you.

Try checking your online account with the IRS (and if you filed a joint return—check for BOTH of you)

https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies