pmeginnis

How do I find my backup data for line 5a on 1040 (2020)?

I need to understand what values were added to get the total for line 5a on form 1040. Looking for the "worksheets" used to enter my data.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

1040 line 5a comes from 1099R box 1.  If your 1099R has a checkmark or X in the little IRA box (between boxes 7&8) it goes on 1040 line 4a instead of 5a.

If you get an early pension for disability and box 7 is code 3 then it gets added to wages on 1040 line 1.