apickney0591

How do I correct my entire first name after my return has already been efiled? I was not present when a friend filed for me and I need to correct. Would I file a 1040x?

macuser_22

The first name is not used by the IRS for any purpose so there is no need to amend.   The IRS would probably ignore it anyway if the dollar amount on an amended return did not change anything.

macuser_22

macuser_22

An amended return will not be available until Feb 22 and  takes the IRS  4 months to process.    Long after you receive the check.   You should be able to deposit the check into your bank account.  
brihall86

Many thanks! The name was entered entirely different so, I will hope for the best.