turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gary-webb

How do I contact Turbo Tax via e-mail? The IRS informed me of an error in the computation of my taxes.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

How do I contact Turbo Tax via e-mail? The IRS informed me of an error in the computation of my taxes.

If you need assistance and wish to speak with a representative, please follow the instructions in the TurboTax FAQ below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

The above is the best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person so that you can get the help you need. But if you still require assistance, you can contact us at (800) 446-8848 5am to 9pm Pacific.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

7 Replies

What was wrong?  It may be a known error or usually it's a user entry error.
gary-webb

My taxable SS was computed wrong. I had to fill out and send papers to the IRS. I do not know if I put the wrong figure down or something went wrong on their end. I thought I copied everything exactly and Turbo Tax looked it over and approved it.
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

What else did the IRS change besides the taxable Social Security amount? The taxable amount of Social Security depends on the amount of your other income. Usually when the IRS says that the taxable amount of Social Security was wrong, it's because a change in the amount of other income caused a change in how much of your Social Security is taxable. The calculation of the taxable Social Security amount on your tax return was correct for the amount of income reported on your return.

TurboTax does not offer support by email. You can contact them by phone by following the instructions that TurboTaxBrandiLO posted.

If the IRS says more of your SS is taxable it might be because they changed and increased some other income on your return.  Read the letter again.  A common change is they increased the taxable amount of any 1099R you got for Pensions, and 401k or IRA withdrawals or conversions.
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

If you need assistance and wish to speak with a representative, please follow the instructions in the TurboTax FAQ below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

The above is the best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person so that you can get the help you need. But if you still require assistance, you can contact us at (800) 446-8848 5am to 9pm Pacific.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Spikey44

Why was my refund $600 short than it was supposed to be?

@Spikey44 wrote:

Why was my refund $600 short than it was supposed to be?

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

Why is my refund different than the amount on the tax return I filed? (updated 2/5/2021)

All or part of your refund, including any amount for the Recovery Rebate Credit, may have been used (offset) to pay off past-due federal tax, state income tax, state unemployment compensation debts, child support, spousal support, or other federal nontax debts, such as student loans. To find out if you may have an offset or if you have questions about an offset, contact the agency to which you owe the debt.

We also may have changed your refund amount because we made changes to your tax return. This may include corrections to any incorrect Recovery Rebate Credit amount. You’ll get a notice explaining the changes. Where’s My Refund? will reflect the reasons for the refund offset when it relates to a change in your tax return.

Tax Topic 203, Refund Offsets for Unpaid Child Support, Certain Federal and State Debts, and Unemplo... has more information about refund offsets.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies