June 6, 2019 4:56 AM
last updated June 06, 2019 4:56 AM
I've already filed my federal taxes, but state forms were not available at the time. I need to complete my state returns now.
If your Federal tax return has already been filed and accepted, please follow the steps below to complete the state return in TurboTax Online:
- Sign into your Online account.
- Go to My TurboTax at the top left corner then My Tax Timeline.
- Scroll down the page to "Some Things You Can Do."
- Next click on "Add a State."(You are not actually adding a State, this will allow access back into the program.)
- Then click on State Taxes at the top of the page.
- Then Continue through the State Tax interview to complete your State Tax return.
- Click on File at the top of the program screen. Follow through the File interview until you are in the state section for e-filing the return by clicking on the Transmit Return button.