turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

robpost79

How do file and paybmy taxes from my Federal and get a advance on my taxes as

Need tonpay my taxes using my federal.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-can-t-i-deduct-my-turbotax-fees-from-my-...

LOANS

TurboTax is offering refund advance loans to those who qualify.  If you qualify the loan is offered at the time that you file your tax return.

You do not get the money until the 2020 e-file has been ACCEPTED by the IRS.You also have to agree to receive your refund on a new prepaid TurboTax Visa.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/refund-advance/

The IRS will begin to accept/reject 2020 returns on February 12, 2021.

It is too late to get the loan after you e-file.  If the loan was offered and you did not accept it, you cannot change your mind after you e-file.

Refund Advance eligibility

The Refund Advance won’t impact your credit at all. Here are the eligibility requirements to qualify for Refund Advance loan.

• Your federal refund is $500 or more (excluding any Recovery Rebate Credit).
  • You are 18 or older.
  • You cannot be a resident of North Carolina or Illinois
  • You are e-filing your federal tax return with TurboTax
  • Your physical address is the address listed on your tax return. It cannot be a P.O. Box or a prison address. Your address must be located in the United States and be from the eligible list of states for the Refund Advance program.
  • You are not filing one of these tax forms: 1310, 1040SS, 1040PR, 1040X, 8888, or 8862
  • You can’t file on behalf of a deceased taxpayer.
  • You also must be approved for a Turbo® Visa® Debit Card by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC, the issuer of the card
  • You must report income on a Form W-2, 1099-R , Sched C, or Sched CEZ.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
guy16

I am asking for advance loan my turbo tax came back stating my refund was accepted by

the irs  office I am asking for 250 dollars advance of my refund

Thanks

guy16

how do i file for a advance loan thanks

No one in the user forum has control over refund loans, nor can we see the information that was used to decide if the loan would be offered to you.   But when you were filing it had to be offered---you cannot apply for the loan.LOANS

TurboTax is offering refund advance loans to those who qualify.  If you qualify the loan is offered at the time that you file your tax return.

You do not get the money until the 2020 e-file has been ACCEPTED by the IRS.You also have to agree to receive your refund on a new prepaid TurboTax Visa.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/refund-advance/

The IRS will begin to accept/reject 2020 returns on February 12, 2021.

It is too late to get the loan after you e-file.  If the loan was offered and you did not accept it, you cannot change your mind after you e-file.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
guy16

my tax refund was accepted by the irs in according to email received on the 13th  i am now asking why i can not get a refund advance of 250 from my refund which is the most i can get with my refund  I now request a refund advance since my tax refund is accepted and need for finacal reasons  Now you are saying i can not do because you say i should of request while i was doing tax filing with turbo tax  if tou can not grant me this let me know and i request a phone number now to talk with someone in your company corporate high and i will use another company to do my tax refund   makrs no sense

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@guy16  The How can I get a Refund Advance section in the following Help Article explicitly states, " You cannot apply for Refund Advance after you file your taxes." About Refund Advance

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies