Ask the Experts Self-Employed & Gig Workers! >> Event happening TODAY!

Jonathan4

How can you file an amended return to claim childcare deduction for prior years that was not previously claimed?

I have paid after school care and summer camp expenses for the past several years -- dating back to at least 2013 -- but have failed to claim the childcare deduction for prior years.  How can I amend my tax returns with TurboTax to claim those deductions from my prior returns?

Melaine

You may begin by clicking the link below and selecting each of the year you would like to amend, then follow all the directions.  However, remember that you generally have 3 years to amend your taxes, for 2013, you will have to file the amendment if expecting a refund, before 4/17/2018, after that time, the funds will stay with the Treasury.