turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I postpone taxes due if I already e-filed and scheduled a payment from my bank account?

I have already e-filed my 2019 Federal Taxes and my scheduled taxes owed are scheduled to be removed from my bank account on 4/15. What do I have to do to change the date that the taxes owed are removed from my bank account on 7/15?  Thank you. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

How can I postpone taxes due if I already e-filed and scheduled a payment from my bank account?

There's no way to change the date of your direct debit after you have filed your tax return. However, you can cancel the direct debit payment, then pay another way by July 15, 2020. To cancel the payment call the IRS at 888-353-4537 at least 2 business days before the scheduled payment date. See the following FAQ for more details about canceling your direct debit payment.

How do I change my payment date?

The best ways to pay would be by check or IRS Direct Pay. Go to the following link on the IRS web site for information about Direct Pay and other ways of paying your federal tax.

Paying Your Taxes

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

There's no way to change the date of your direct debit after you have filed your tax return. However, you can cancel the direct debit payment, then pay another way by July 15, 2020. To cancel the payment call the IRS at 888-353-4537 at least 2 business days before the scheduled payment date. See the following FAQ for more details about canceling your direct debit payment.

How do I change my payment date?

The best ways to pay would be by check or IRS Direct Pay. Go to the following link on the IRS web site for information about Direct Pay and other ways of paying your federal tax.

Paying Your Taxes

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies