turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can i pay to see my old tax returns

1 Reply

How can i pay to see my old tax returns

If you did not pay for the one of the 2016 online editions of either Plus, Deluxe, Premier or Self-Employed you will need to start a 2017 tax return using the online Free editon and create the account with the exact same user ID you used to create the prior year online account - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

After starting the tax return with the Free edition you will need to upgrade to the Plus edition and pay for the Plus edition ($29.99) so you can access all the prior year online tax returns through October 2019.

To pay the TurboTax online account fees by credit card, without completing the 2017 return at this time, click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  On the next page, to pay by credit card, click Pay Now.  On the next screen just click on the Continue button.  The next screen will show a review of your Fees, click on Continue.  Complete the next screen to pay by credit card and click Continue.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for accessing prior year tax returns - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3404575-how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-2016-return

See this TurboTax support FAQ for when access expires - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3355524-when-does-access-to-my-prior-year-turbotax-online-returns-...

Otherwise -

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

You can also get free transcripts of your federal return from the IRS - http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

For a fee of $50 you can get a complete federal tax return from the IRS by completing Form 4506 - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question

Related Content

Manage cookies