Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jababy125

How can i know where my refund from last year went because i still havent received it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

How can i know where my refund from last year went because i still havent received it

If you filed your tax return with TurboTax for tax year 2018 and it was accepted by the IRS and you never received your anticipated refund you will need to contact the IRS as they issue the refunds not TurboTax. You may contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 please see this website article from the IRS on contact hours and information you will need to have ready when calling them: https://www.irs.gov/help/telephone-assistance.

Here are some tips when contacting the IRS:

• First choose your language. 
  • Then do not choose the first choice regarding REFUND, or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for personal income tax questions.
  • Then press 1 for form, tax history, or payment.  
  • Then press 3 for all other questions.
  • Then press 2 for all other questions to be transferred to an agent

If you need to inquire about a state refund please contact your state Department of Revenue.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Was your return Accepted?  When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile. Just paying the fee doesn't file the return.  After you paid did you continue on to the very end and hit the big orange Transmit Returns Now button?

Maybe you didn't finish filing it or it Rejected.  When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies