Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julie462016

How can i fix my account number of my direct deposit for my income tax

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PeterM

If you have already filed and submitted your tax return you will be unable to edit the bank account  information (as well as the direct deposit options) once the return has been accepted.

If your return has been filed and submitted and rejected then you are able to change the information.

To view/edit your information, follow these steps…

• Sign into your account, click take me to my return
  • Click the File heading
  • Follow the prompts for Step 1. When you get to Step 2, this is where the bank account information will be. Follow the prompts to view/edit your bank account information.  

If the IRS is unable to deposit your refund into your account, they will mail you a refund check. If the info you entered is someone else's account, don't worry – some banks won't deposit tax refunds into accounts where names don't match up. The best way for you to track your federal refund is to call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
PeterM

If you have already filed and submitted your tax return you will be unable to edit the bank account  information (as well as the direct deposit options) once the return has been accepted.

If your return has been filed and submitted and rejected then you are able to change the information.

To view/edit your information, follow these steps…

• Sign into your account, click take me to my return
  • Click the File heading
  • Follow the prompts for Step 1. When you get to Step 2, this is where the bank account information will be. Follow the prompts to view/edit your bank account information.  

If the IRS is unable to deposit your refund into your account, they will mail you a refund check. If the info you entered is someone else's account, don't worry – some banks won't deposit tax refunds into accounts where names don't match up. The best way for you to track your federal refund is to call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.

yellow3301
Returning Member

How can i fix my account number for my ohio state taxes

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you have already submitted your state tax return, you are unable to update the account information on your tax return. 

If you are due a refund and the account number is incorrect or the account has been closed, the state tax department will issue you a check in the mail. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
yellow3301
Returning Member

It to fix my account nuber call the IRS but there not taking calls at this time so what do i do

yellow3301
Returning Member

• How long will it take to get a paper check
CassLO
Expert Alumni

@yellow3301 If your bank account information was incorrect, the bank will return it back to the IRS. Once the IRS receives the refund back, they will prepare a check to send to the address listed on your tax return. This process can take a few weeks.

What if I entered the wrong bank account for direct deposit?

saransnipster
Returning Member

How do I fix my account number  as i left one number off on my form?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@saransnipster

If you have not filed yet you can update it. This Turbo Tax FAQ will show you how to change your method. How do I change my refund method? How to update your refund method

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v