June 4, 2019 8:00 PM
To correct your "Someone else can claim me as a dependent" question, follow the steps below.
Open (continue) your tax
(To do this, sign in to TurboTax and click the blue Take me to my return button.)
- Click the Personal Info Tab
- Click Edit by your Name
- Go to 3. A few other things we need to know
- At "Someone else can claim me as a dependent on their tax return" change the No to Yes.
- At the next question, say that yes, they will claim you.
See if that helps. If not, as long as you haven't paid or registered yet, here's how to Clear & Start Over:
- Sign in to TurboTax Online and open your return by clicking the orange Take me to my return button.
- From the My Account dropdown menu, select Clear & Start Over.
- Answer Yes to Are you sure you want to clear your return?
- After your entries have been cleared out, we'll prompt you to select a TurboTax product so you can start over from the very beginning.
- If you're signed in under last year's login, we'll automatically transfer last year's info over if you select the PLUS upgrade, Deluxe, Premier, or Self-Employed. Federal Free Edition (without PLUS) does not include the year-over-year transfer feature.