How can I add Form 8962 to my tax return? I have submitted 1045-A when filling out my return and it automatically generated the information. I am trying to submit online.

I originally e-filed my tax return. It was rejected because of
"F8962-322 - Each 'MonthlyContributionAmt' on Form 8962, Lines 12C through 23C that has a non-zero value must be equal to the amount computed using the Form 8962 instructions."

I did not have insurance for January and February. I got put on my wife's insurance toward October. I cancelled my Obamacare insurance shortly after. I uploaded my 1045-A when TurboTax prompted me to. Please someone explain to me what I need to in order to be able to submit my return and the IRS accept it. I prefer to submit it electronically.

ChristyW

Edit your entries to delete any 0s or special characters:

1. Sign in to your account and select the Fix my return button.
  2. At the Welcome back to TurboTax message, select Fix It Now.
  3. Select "federal" on the left, then "health insurance"
  4. Answer the question "Did you all have health insurance coverage in 2017?"
  5. On the next screen select "yes" for the question "Was anyone covered by any of these plans in 2017?"
  6. Select the appropriate answer for "What type of plan were you enrolled in?"
  7. When you see "Here's what we have for your 1095-As" select "edit" beside the 1095-A(s)"
  8. Compare the entries to the form you uploaded, to make sure everything carried over properly. 
  9. If there is a 0 in any of those fields, please leave it blank in those fields, when you enter it.

If you continue to get rejected you should delete the form, and manually type in the information. Here's how to delete:

1. To delete a Form go the far left, in the black vertical menu
  2. Click on Tax Tools
  3. Click on Tools
  4. Under Other helpful links, click on Delete a form
  5. Scroll down to form 8962 and click on Delete
  6. Click on the blue Delete Selected Form
  7. At bottom Continue
  8. Then the same for Healthcare wks
  9. At bottom Continue with my Return
  10. Return to the first set of steps to get back to the form

ChristyW

2. Click on Tax Tools
  3. Click on Tools
  7. At bottom Continue
  8. Then the same for Healthcare wks
  9. At bottom Continue with my Return
TyT2

Didn't work. :( Anyone ealse know a work around for this same issue?

I have  the 1095 a all year insured they want a 8962

TerukoL

Please click The IRS is requesting Form 8962 for 2019 to learn how to submit it to the IRS. 

mdelay7

So there is no way to electronically submit the 8962 prior to filing through TT?  Thank you!

AshleyLO

@mdelay7 That is correct. You would need to print and mail the form.

Hello, I’m having the same problem since my 2019 taxes. Long story short because of this it took over one year to find out that now IRS says I owe 641.00 it’s completely a mess because filing with TT doesn’t send along the 8962 and we have to mail it in and IRS is backed up. I got a taxpayer advocate who never answered my emails or phone calls. I’m pissed

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing