How can I access my backup return?

How can I access my backup return?

I am in the middle of filing my 2018 tax return with the Intuit software. I opened the software today to continue, and received a pop-up saying that the system couldn't find my return, and that I should access my "backup return," with a link to the website for instructions. The link went nowhere. Help! How can I access this "backup return," or find my return, which I was saving?

How can I access my backup return?

TurboTax can't find my return.  I need the backup.

How can I access my backup return?

Can I correct a 1040X after it is printed for filing BUT NOT YET FILED?  The return is printed and saved as an Adobe (pdf) file with no way to return to your TT Program for correction.  Do I need to start the Amended process again?  If yes, am I able to use the existing software for more than one amended return?  Thank you,  F B Gerbing at [email address removed] or [phone number removed].

Two Other Notes:  1. The review process didn't catch a difference in the tax paid with the original return and the 1040X in the amended package ready for mailing - hence the need to correct the 1040X.  2. The recent deletion of the 2020 requirement for a Required Minimum Withdrawal from the IRA's of those over 70-1/2 will require redoing the Form-es Estimated  Payment Vouchers for the year.  However, your program does not allow the original (unused) form to be changed or reprinted.  The 2020 Estimate Vouchers have nothing to do with the 2019 return, yet the only alternative you offer is filling out the IRS forms manually.