• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pagano-paola

Hi, why can't I pay turbotax fee with a direct deposit or paper check? I have a US bank account and a US credit card but my address is foreign.

My US Bank has my foreign address registered, in fact they send my mail correctly to my foreign address so I am really confused as to why turbotax doesn't let me pay my fee through my account and every year I have to bother someone to help me pay. I think it is absurd that a service like turbotax doesn't have a better way of doing this, I cannot be the only person to have incurred into this small but actually potentially huge issue...

2 Replies
Opus 17
Level 15

Hi, why can't I pay turbotax fee with a direct deposit or paper check? I have a US bank account and a US credit card but my address is foreign.

You may be able to arrange a direct debit from your bank account, or an agreement to accept a paper check, if you call customer support.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability at the time of posting but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
pagano-paola

I called the support center and they said it's not possible to do a direct debit or a paper check...I really think it is disgraceful that there is not a way to pay for this service that doesn't involve me asking a third person to pay for it and then reimburse them...

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v