Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rahul9293

Hi I want to get ITIN for my spouse and baby but i am waiting for my amended W2. Can i apply for ITIN for my dependent with the current W2 ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

Hi I want to get ITIN for my spouse and baby but i am waiting for my amended W2. Can i apply for ITIN for my dependent with the current W2 ?

You should wait until you receive your corrected W-2.  If you file now with an incorrect W-2 and attach the W-7s and then amend your federal return, the amended return without the W-7s will be considered the final return.

You can get an extension to file your return until October 15, 2018, if needed.  If you think you owe any money on your returns, you should pay it by April 17, 2018, to avoid interest and penalties.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

You should wait until you receive your corrected W-2.  If you file now with an incorrect W-2 and attach the W-7s and then amend your federal return, the amended return without the W-7s will be considered the final return.

You can get an extension to file your return until October 15, 2018, if needed.  If you think you owe any money on your returns, you should pay it by April 17, 2018, to avoid interest and penalties.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies