c-kris-yj

Hi I need to receive MI state refund and federal E-file. but i only received MI state refund. When do I received Federal tax?

AndreaC1

It's not uncommon to receive state refund first. The IRS and your state have separate refunding procedures and schedules, which just means your refunds are processed separately and at different times; by different entities. The IRS processes your federal and your state processes your state return. So that means some people can get their state refund before getting the federal one, and vice versa.

If you have successfully filed and the returns show as accepted in TurboTax, you will need to check the IRS's website to track the status of your refund. They will provide the most up to date status for you there. They no longer send any updates to TurboTax after they accept your return. 

You can use the IRS Where's My Refund site for the latest status on your federal tax refund.