subhas85

Hi, I got a Delinquent tax notice from a collection group for state tax for 2014 which i believe is wrong as i have declared my earning correctly, can you help me on this

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

State tax, or local tax?  Which state or locality?  Did you have any 2014 income other than wages?

Did you have a tax due that didn't get paid?  You might have to check your bank statements.
subhas85

Township of Middletown, PA.. it is for state tax and it say total earnings as per my W2 which i have shown in my tax efiiling... When i filled it was accepted.. i paid PA tax...i just got federal refund and 0$ for PA return.
subhas85

so i wanted to know, what should be my next step. thanks for the help.
subhas85

what is a local tax though not sure ?

Local tax is a tax assessed by a city or town. Your employer should have been withholding it. Look at Boxes 18-20 of your 2014 W-2 form.
.<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/fw2--2014.pdf">https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/fw2--2014.pdf</a>
subhas85

and in boxes18-20, i don't see any kind of declaration. i.e. no amount.

That is a LOCAL (not State) tax, which TT does not prepare. You must do so yourself.

http://www.middletownbucks.org/community/tax_information/earned_income_tax.php

subhas85

so if i have to do it for earlier years, is that possible or i have to contact the collection group.. any idea ?

Contact the Colkectuion Group, as you may also owe for later yeara.
subhas85

and important thing is that i don't work here in this township, i work in new jersey, my employer is in new Jersey.. still i should pay ?

Did you live in the Township?
Residents of Middletown Township and nonresidents working in the Township are subject to the tax
Read more at <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.middletownbucks.org/community/tax_information/earned_income_tax.php#UeRJrOjpJWRBJKDP.99">...>
subhas85

yes, i lived here.. i think i have to contact the collection group for more information