• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tofujang

Hi, I am an international student and I have a saving account. I just got a mail from the bank that I use about the interest that I earned. Should I report the tax?

My interest from the saving account is only $16 and I am an international student. I have no idea about tax report and tax return. Please let me know what should I do with this interest. 

4 Replies
JulieH1

Hi, I am an international student and I have a saving account. I just got a mail from the bank that I use about the interest that I earned. Should I report the tax?

You do not need to report this if it is the only income or interest that you have received.

tofujang

The $16 is the interest that I have received. In this case, should I report the tax?
JulieH1

No.
tofujang

Okay Thank you
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v