ofb25

I believe I paid twice for turbo tax how can I get a refund

MichelleM1

Here's how you review your fees: 

After signing in to (continuing) your online return, select Tools from the My Account drop-down list in the upper right corner.

In the pop-up window, click the My Fees button to get a breakdown of your TurboTax charges.

Tip: If these instructions don't work (for example, on your mobile device) open the File section and then proceed to the Review Your Order screen. This also shows the breakdown of your charges.

And here is some other charge you may have gotten,

Are you using the Desktop CD/Download Deluxe program as shown on your question?  There is a 19.99 fee to efile the state return.  If you want to have the fee taken out of the federal return there is an EXTRA 34.99 Refund Processing Service charge which you can avoid by paying with a credit card.  Or you can print and mail the state for free.

How to Remove it

Please note that once your e-filed return is in pending or accepted status, it's too late to remove the Refund Processing Service.

However, if your return gets rejected and you decide to file a paper return, the Refund Processing Service and related fees, if any, drop off anyway because Refund Processing is only available on e-filed returns.

Note: There may or may not be a charge for Refund Processing, depending on your situation and which add-ons you choose.

Instructions

Here's how to remove the Refund Processing Service before you e-file:

1. Sign in to your online return, if you're not already signed in.
  2. Click File in the upper right corner and proceed to the Just one more step screen.
  3. On this screen, click the first Revisit link (next to You've chosen to deduct your TurboTax fees from your federal refund).
  4. Click View Payment Options on the next screen, and then select Pay with credit card on the screen after that.
  5. Complete payment by entering your credit or debit card information.
  6. Continue to the Just one more step screen to make sure the Refund Processing Service has been removed. Step 1 should now show that you paid with your credit or debit card.

And if that doesn't help you here is how you can contact Turbo Tax,

We don't have a single, all-purpose phone number. Instead, we have many different numbers, depending on what you need help with.

Follow these instructions to connect with a TurboTax Expert who is specially-trained to handle your unique question or concern. Live help is available from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM Pacific, seven days a week.

If you're using TurboTax Online:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account if you're not already signed in.
  2. Click Contact in the upper-right corner of your screen.
  3. Ask your question.
  4. Talk one-on-one with a live TurboTax Expert, CPA, or enrolled agent (requires the PLUS add-on if using Federal Free Edition).

If you're using the TurboTax CD/Download software or can't sign into your TurboTax account, click here to contact us. Ask your question, click Continue, and follow our onscreen instructions.

jgebhardt801

You can not. Impossible to get any credit from Turbo. Challenge with your credit card company