Solved: Hello so when I filed my taxes it filed one of my children I can no longer claim but it claimed her anyway how can I change this information?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello so when I filed my taxes it filed one of my children I can no longer claim but it claimed her anyway how can I change this information?

How to change my refund to only carrying my second child not my first child who I can not claim 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hello so when I filed my taxes it filed one of my children I can no longer claim but it claimed her anyway how can I change this information?

If you have already submitted your return: if it gets rejected then you can go in and make the necessary changes. If it is accepted, you will need to amend your return. 

The link below will take you to a guide with the instructions on how to amend. The 2018 instructions will be added to this guide once the IRS has released the current form 1040X. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Level 5

For your security, your personal documents have been removed from this public forum.

If you have already submitted your return: if it gets rejected then you can go in and make the necessary changes. If it is accepted, you will need to amend your return. 

The link below will take you to a guide with the instructions on how to amend. The 2018 instructions will be added to this guide once the IRS has released the current form 1040X. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed 

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings