Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello. My tax payment was not deducted from my account yesterday. Is this normal?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
churchms

Hello. My tax payment was not deducted from my account yesterday. Is this normal?

I believe I have the same issue.  I submitted my return on May 15th and requested that the payment be debited on that date.  It is now May 18th and the payment still has not been deducted from my account.

HelenC12
Expert Alumni

It's not uncommon. As long as you filed your return or extension on or before May 17, 2021 and you selected May 17, 2021 (or earlier) as your payment date, you won't get penalized for late payment.

In the meantime, keep an eye on your bank account — if you still don't see the debit 7–10 days after your return has been accepted, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 or contact your state tax agency, as appropriate. 

For more information, see When will my tax payment go through?

To check the date you scheduled the payment: 

Review Part V of the Federal Information Worksheet for payment and banking information.

• Review State Information Worksheet for payment and banking information.
  • Keep an eye on your bank account — if you still don't see the debit 7–10 days after your return has been accepted, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 or contact your state tax agency, as appropriate.

** If the check boxes are checked "NO" and your banking information is not displayed on the Information Worksheet, then the direct debit was not successful. 

To make a payment on the IRS website, see IRS payment portal.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies