turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

s-agtey

Hello - I need to file 2016 M1PR form and I already filed 2016 taxes last year. Is there a way to have turbo tax fill out the form for me?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

Hello - I need to file 2016 M1PR form and I already filed 2016 taxes last year. Is there a way to have turbo tax fill out the form for me?

TurboTax will not be able to fill out the form for you, unfortunately.  However, TurboTax provides you with step-by-step instructions to assist you to file an amendment.  You will need to print and submit it to the State of Minnesota. 

To file an amendment, please see 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5114064

In the amendment, to add information to claim a Property Tax Refund ( Form M1PR), here are the steps: 

• To your left, select State Taxes
  • On screen, Status of your state returns, under Minnesota, click on Edit
  • Follow the step-by-step interview questions 
  • On screen, Other Forms You May Need, select Property Tax Refund (Form M1PR) and Continue to                enter info.          

Please also see:

http://www.revenue.state.mn.us/individuals/prop_tax_refund/Pages/Amending_the_Property_Tax_Refund_Re...

It is not necessary to amend your 2016 MN return.  The M1PR is a completely separate return that is always filed separately from the regular MN return.  The due date of the M1PR is Aug. 15 each year.  You can still file a 2016 M1PR form until Aug. 15, 2018.  The forms should be available if you installed the TurboTax CD on your computer & have the 2016 forms saved on your computer.  The M1PR forms can be found at the end of the list of MN forms.  Alternately, you can file the M1PR directly from the MN Dept. of Revenue website.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies