evelyn_ingraham

Hello. I'm trying to access the federal instruction sheet to find the address to send my amended federal tax return. Can you please help me find this page? Thank you.

DanaB

To get to the instruction sheet please use the print option below:

Please log back in your TurboTax account and "add a state" to open the return back up (you are not really adding a state, just to open it back up), then select Tools on the left, Print Center and choose the print center, then select returns and choose to print just the tax return or to include all worksheets as well.

Mailing address for 1040X by state:

Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas :

Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Austin, TX 73301-0052

Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming: 

Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Fresno, CA 93888-0422 

Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia:

Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052

Here's the instructions for 1040X Amended return.  Where to file on page 18

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040x.pdf