Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello, I just filed my 2019 taxes Friday 4/10/2020. I didn’t get to file 2018 yet. Will I still receive a stimulus check with everyone else?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Hello, I just filed my 2019 taxes Friday 4/10/2020. I didn’t get to file 2018 yet. Will I still receive a stimulus check with everyone else?

It is unknown exactly when the IRS started reviewing tax return data to start processing the stimulus payments. However, the stimulus payment is an ADVANCE on a credit for 2020. That means even if you do not get the stimulus in 2019 due to your filing date, you will receive it in 2021 as long as you otherwise qualify. 

Also, the IRS is rolling out the "Get My Payment" tool in mid April. According to IRS.gov, you can use the "Get My Payment" application (coming mid-April) to:

• Check your payment status
  • Confirm your payment type: direct deposit or check
  • Enter your bank account information for direct deposit if we don't have  your direct deposit information and we haven't sent your payment yet.

Update your information

Direct deposit: Use the Get My Payment application (coming mid-April) to let us know your bank account information if we don't have your direct deposit information and we haven't sent your payment.

Check payment: If you moved since you last filed, let us know your new mailing address.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Do I get a stimulus check if I just filled 

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Yes,

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

Go here to - Filers: Get Your Payment

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@CatinaT1 I'm confuse. I used the "free Stimulus Registration for non-tax filers" here on TurboTax which automatically filed a 2019 Tax Return on Apr 4th. The status of the return is Return Received on the IRS website, but it hasn't been approved yet. Am I too late? I'm worried that if the IRS doesn't approve my Tax Return I won't get the stimulus check and I don't know how long they take. Do they even have people working and reviewing 2019 Tax Returns that were sent recently?

emilewest2
Returning Member

hi there in the same predicament.  i got an update that irs has accepted my taxes. only problem is im not getting a refund so i wont be able to put in my direct deposit.  i owe like $15. i dint do my 2018 taxes so do i have any options. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies