A few have reported the returns being accepted as the IRS have pulled some for testing however no return will start processing until 1/27 no matter when it is filed. And if you have EIC or ACTC on the return those will not start processing until 2/22 so patience is needed.
I helped my mother I'm just hoping that everything is right I done it with the deluxe help and it helped me get through it I just want to let anybody else get theirs accepted yet m........say it got accreted now. What's that mean
"Where's my tax refund?"
Ever wonder what happens between efiling your tax return and receiving your refund?
Here is what really happens when you press that orange button and transmit your tax return.
- First, we "stamp" the return with an electronic postmark, and then we send it to the government.
- Then we both wait 24 to 48 hours for the IRS to accept your return. (prior to season this can take weeks)
- What are they doing? They are checking your personal information to make sure it matches their records.
- If everything looks good, the IRS accepts your return.
Once you are accepted, you are on the IRS payment timetable. Only the IRS knows the status of processing your tax return, whether you owe taxes or are due a refund. In prior years, the IRS issued more than 9 out of 10 refunds to taxpayers in less than 21 days last year. The same results are expected for 2020.
Once you have e-filed your tax return, there are a few ways to check the status of your refund:
- You can use the IRS Where’s My Refund? tool (fastest option)
- Call the IRS at 800-829-1954
The tool will get you personalized refund information based on the processing of your tax return. They will provide an actual refund date as soon as the IRS processes your tax return and approves your refund. Most refunds will be issued in less than 21 days. You can start checking the status of your refund within 24 hours after you have e-filed your return.
Remember, the fastest way to get your refund is to e-file and choose direct deposit.
Other tools and refund delays
You can also use the TurboTax Where's My Refund tracking guide that will show you how to check the status of your tax refund and common reasons for delays.
These articles explain in more detail what may cause a delay: