turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New Member

Got a W2c after I have already done my taxes.

The corrected amout was done on box 1. Do I need to amend even if it's a 5 dollar difference?
1 Reply
Level 15

Got a W2c after I have already done my taxes.

Technically, yes. But I wouldn't bother to.

Actually I would do a quick check  to see if it changed my refund. There are two ways to do that:

1. Change your box 1 at the w-2 screen, click continue and see if the refund meter changes. Don't save your changes.

2. Look at your taxable income (line 43 of form 1040)(line 27 of 1040A)(line 6 of 1040EZ). Then look in the tax table and see if $5 changes the tax (the tax tables are in $50 income increments). https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040tt.pdf

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies