turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Good Morning, I paid my federal tax due when I filed my tax return using my checking account. However, the fund is not debit out from my account. May I know how to check?

Or how long usually take from IRS?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ChrisJ

Good Morning, I paid my federal tax due when I filed my tax return using my checking account. However, the fund is not debit out from my account. May I know how to check?

Funds are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specify, assuming your e-filed return has already been accepted (received) by the IRS.

If that date happens to fall on a weekend or federal holiday, the funds are typically withdrawn the next business day.

If you filed right before (or on) the busy April 18, 2017 deadline, the IRS may not be able to debit your payment until after the deadline, due to high e-filing volume. In addition, it can take your bank another few days to post the debit to your account.

In the meantime, keep an eye on your bank account – if you still don't see the debit 7-10 days after your return has been accepted, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 or contact your state tax agency, as appropriate.

Manage cookies